Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Dogs

I found a great dog this morning. I was out for my walk (yes, I take a morning walk like an old man). He was running around and he came when I called him.

He was a cute little toy thing. He looked (and smelled) like he had been out for a few days. He let me pick him up and carry him two blocks to my yard, where I deposited him and called his owner. He had a number on his tag. No one was home, so I left a message.

In the meantime, pretty much everyone involved (me, my landlord, my landlord's daughter, my fiancee) has fallen in love with the dog. I think we are all having visions of a long, loving relationship away from his cruel former owners, who really didn't treat him well, etc.

So I finally get the owner on the phone and she didn't seem to give much of a shit about the dog. She was going to come get it, but she didn't sound terribly excited. Maybe she was just going out the door to work and didn't feel like collecting the little creature right now. He's really cute to me, but perhaps not after the fifteenth time you have had to collect him from a neighbor.

I'm still thinking of a doggy abduction, though. Would that be wrong?

No comments: