Wednesday, November 29, 2006

On This Blog

I may be in some trouble with friends over the name of this blog. My intention is to supplant my old blog, entitled "This Catholic Blog". I didn't like the name, although I did like blogging very much. The name of the old blog seemed kind of loaded to me, although the name of the new blog may be loaded, as well.

I am a liberal in what I hope is the best sense of the word. I am a believer in freedom, especially intellectual freedom. I have small love for the conventional uses of the terms "liberal" and "conservative", but more so for the use of the former. Freedom is beautiful, and it is probably the best quality of this place we call "the West".

That's what this blog is about.

My old posts can be accessed at http://this-catholic.blogspot.com.

1 comment:

SacraMentalPatient said...

I am willing to bet there are more than a few who will someday exit their closets they have inhabited since being strongarmed into some form of affected Repubicanism in this post 9/11 era. I applaud you in your efforts.